Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tears of a Clown

More bad news arrived on Monday morning. My grandmother on my father's side passed away. I drove to my Dad's house in Alabama to help him and my step-mom drive the rest of the way to Wabash, IN. My Dad can't drive because of his accident in July. I'm now in Indiana with family. The viewing is today and the funeral tomorrow and then comes the long drive back. I wish there was more that I could do to help my Dad and his brother's and my step-grandfather. It's also very weird to be attending a funeral on my 30th birthday but these things aren't planned and we deal with what we are given. Knitting as usual helps keeps my hands occupied and maintains my sanity. Please keep my family in your thoughts today and tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you're able to plan a fun celebration of the joys of life when you return. 30 was one of my favorite birthdays and from what I've been hearing and experiencing, the 30s are a very good decade. Drive safely. ~ Leslie

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I hope you have a happy birthday anyway, I am sure your grandmother would want you to.

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

Oh hun!! I'm sorry!!! I wish I would have stopped by your blog sooner! Big hugs!!! Have a happy birthday anyways! Grandma would have wanted it that way. 30! That's us! Mine is just around the corner!!